IF Recruitment are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
One of the biggest changes to UK data privacy law comes into effect on 25 May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation, also known as GDPR, means that you’ll have more control over how your data is used. And it ensures that organisations protect your personal data better. To reflect these changes and new obligations, we’ve updated our privacy notice which now tells you what we do with your personal data, how it’s used and your rights as an individual under the new law.
If you have any concerns regarding this notice or your Data Privacy / Protection, then our DPO (Data Protection Officer) is Kelly Hathiramani
Who we are and what we do
We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to us or we collect about you.
The information about you that you provide us by filling in forms on our site www.ifrecruit.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, financial information, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom, curriculum vitae and photograph, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website
Information we collect about you when you visit our website.
IF Recruitment will collect the personal details that you provide to us on our website for the purposes of providing you with services and/or information. In providing such services and/or information to you we will only use your data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
This statement sets out below:
- How personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the website.
- How the information is used by us
- With whom the information may be shared and for what purpose(s)
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected through our website
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
IF Recruitment is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others. IF Recruitment collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
We request information from the user on our online registration forms. Here a user must provide contact information and information regarding the type of work you are seeking and your skills, qualifications and experience. This information is used to enable us to provide you with work-finding services. If we have trouble processing your application, this contact information is used to get in touch with you. If Recruitment Ltd does not use this information for any other purpose.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our clients. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that IF Recruitment is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our accounts clerk or a marketing assistant) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com
Correction/Updating Personal Information:
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as home address), we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data provided to us. This can usually be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or the dedicated consultant you have been in frequent contact with.
Notification of Changes
Information we obtain from other sources.
This is information we obtain about you from other sources such as [LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, your business card, personal recommendations, and other industry sources. In this case we will inform you, by sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data of the fact we hold personal data about you, the source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
We are working closely with third parties including service providers (accounting, legal etc), partner etc. We may receive information about you from them for the purposes of our recruitment services and ancillary support services.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about.
The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of temporary or permanent engagement. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is:
- for our legitimate business interests
- for contractual reasons as well as legal obligations
- by consent for specific uses of data
We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally requires to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client (ie share your data if you are a candidate.
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
As a recruitment business and recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA
We will share your personal information with:
Selected third parties including:
- clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
- candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- subcontractors including email marketing specialists, event organisers, payment and other financial service providers
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other sub-contractors for the purpose of assessing your suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In the event IF Recruit or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
The lawful basis for the third party processing will include:
- Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs;
- satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- for the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- to fulfil their legal obligations.
Where we store and process your personal data
The data that we collect from you may/will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA for the purpose of our recruitment services. It may/will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, our recruitment services and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so. Accordingly, we have a data retention notice and run data routines to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- prior to making an introduction we check that we have accurate information about you]
We segregate our data so that we keep different types of data for different time periods. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data includes:
- the nature of the personal data;
- its perceived accuracy / relevance;
- our legal obligations;
- whether an interview or placement has been arranged; and
- our recruitment expertise and knowledge of the industry by country, sector and job role.
We may archive part or all of your personal data or retain it on our financial systems only, deleting all or part of it from our main Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system.
Our current retention notice is available upon request.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and we will collect express consent from you if legally required prior to using your personal data for marketing purposes.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights. To:
- Request correctionof the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasureof your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processingof your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transferof your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link:
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act (and the GDPR once it is in force).
A subject access request should be submitted to email@example.com
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.